A creative storyteller with a passion for in-depth journalism. I manage our 13 Action News’ digital content strategy, guide editorial decisions, create original content for use across all platforms and come up with engaging ways to share out information. I know my way around Google Analytics and CrowdTangle. Fluent in AP style as well as Twitter shorthand.
Sr. Digital Producer/Assignment Editor at KTNV 13 Action News, Las Vegas, Nevada
January 2019 — Present
- Leads content strategy and guides editorial decisions.
- Launched “Las Vegas Art Scene” for our weekly “How to Vegas” dedicated digital show and produces video stories for use across all platforms.
- Produces timely, news of the day and breaking news content in a deadline-driven environment.
- Edits TV reporter stories for publication on digital platforms.
- Proofs copy, assessing for accuracy, clarity and adherence to AP style guidelines.
- Identifies story ideas, gathers information, writes and publishes breaking news into the content management system.
- Generates leads through cold calling, networking and social media.
- Uses Search Engine Optimization to increase online visibility.
Sr. Delivery Advisor at Tesla, Las Vegas, Nevada
September 2017 — October 2018
- Managed months-long client relationships and oversaw workflow.
- Consistently exceeded delivery targets for four consecutive quarters; led a team to produce 200% growth in one year.
Specialist/Global Guest Trainer
April 2015 — September 2017
- Led internal meetings and generated excitement around new products and company initiatives.
- Facilitated several training sessions at the company’s coporate campus in Austin, Texas, educating groups of 10 to 20 employees.
News Producer at KSNV News 3, Las Vegas, Nevada
May 2012 — April 2015
- Wrote scripts for broadcast and presented cohesive sequences to audiences.
- Reviewed and edited colleagues’ scripts for improved flow and voice.
- Prioritized news stories and made decisions during breaking news situations.
- Assigned reporters and photographers to news of the day.
- Coordinated live interviews and set up other live, on-air segments.
Freelance Writer and Photographer, Las Vegas, Nevada
2011 — 2012
- Contributed stories and/or photographs to various local publications including: Studio G, The Rebel Yell (UNLV), East Paradise, Las Vegas CityLife (Stephens Media), Boulder City Review (Stephens Media), What’s On Magazine (The Strip)
Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
August 2007 — June 2012
Double major in journalism and film studies with a focus on political science.
Will Work for Impact: Fundamentals of Investigative Reporting, Poynter
Scripps Lighthouse Awards, Las Vegas
My award, “Challenge the Process,” recognizes innovative, improved solutions and the ability to challenge the status quo. Given annually by Scripps Media.
References available upon request